Site Meter

08 January 2008

Old 100th and Renaming Contest

A milestone quietly approached and then slipped by into the misty wisps of the oblivion of yesterday (or the day before, but that doesn't sound as poetic). I failed to notice it -- the 100th post at EGBDF.

Surely there's some irony to be found in the fact that the post is entitled "May Lightning Strike Me..."

Since I've passed a milestone, the human thing to do is to change everything up just to confuse people, I think. Given that, I have registered the domain http://www.deanlusk.com/, so if/when you feel the urge to pass along the address for my site, it should be easier to remember than the more cumbersome deanlusk.blogspot.com.

Further, I am of the opinion that it is high time for a name change (not mine; that of the blog). Even if you have never commented before, please do so now and answer this question (one or both parts):

Do you know what I'm talking about with the title "Every Good Band Deserves Fudge"? If so, do you feel it's still (or was ever) relevant to the content of this site?

Regardless of your answer(s), I'm open for suggestions on a name for the blog. Now that the site has gotten its "sea legs," I feel that a title which is more descriptive of the content would be more appropriate than "EGBDF."

I will be stewing about some sort of award (maybe "thank-you gift" is a better term) for the person who submits a name for the blog that winds up being used. This is very informal and subject to my whims and moods, and has no official rules or terms and conditions, so it probably won't be very fair. Just wanted to warn you. :)

"Old 100th" is the name of the tune that was paired with "All People That On Earth Do Dwell," by the way, and is probably most familiar to church folk when put with the words of "Praise God, from Whom All Blessings Flow" (the Doxology).

5 comments:

Tony M said...

Yes, I know it, but it's also the title of an album (if they're still called that).

Perhaps a more fitting title is in order, but I'm afraid I don't have any suggestions. And if I did, they probably wouldn't be very good anyway (after all, consider the name of my blog :).

And, concerning the URL, I suppose "deanlusk.blogspot.com" is terribly, horribly difficult to remember...

I'll try to think of things you can call yourself - er, I mean, your blog. How about, "Dean's inspirational thoughts and ramblings"?

I think I need food, badly...

Leroy said...

I want to write a book that is titled "Various Thoughts and Ramblings of an Engineer". Really. Not that I ever will, but I amaze myself (not terribly hard to do mind you) with my thoughts sometimes. Oh, sorry, this isn't about me...where was I...ahh, yes, a new name. No idea why bands deserve fudge. But I do know that Every Good Boy Does Fine. :o

How about "Thoughts from a MoM"? Heh, heh, heh...

Ohhh, we got jokes!

Steve G said...

I know what it means. I say keep it. It creates a nice inside joke for the music folks.

cecily said...

I know what it means. I say keep it. It's original enough, and you DID start this blog as an extension of your music ministry, even if it has evolved over the months to something more.

BTW, on an unrelated note (no pun intended) -- on my bright LCD screen, I can't see the "post comment" links and other items in that light blue color against the white background. Just thought I'd let you know. :)

Anonymous said...

Christy said: I don't know what EGBDF means unless it's what Leroy said about every good boy does fine. Is that it? The notes on the scale? I personally don't have any new ideas for your blog, after all it is YOUR blog.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost Review