Site Meter

07 January 2008

May Lightning Strike Me...

I'll get back to the planned topic of the day, but as an aside, I noticed this morning how willing David was to put his money where his mouth was. As I read Psalm 7 this morning I expected him to essentially say, as he does in other passages, "If I've done wrong, please forgive me." Instead, here's what he says to God:

O Lord my God, if I have done wrong
or am guilty of injustice,
if I have betrayed a friend
or plundered my enemy without cause,
then let my enemies capture me.
Let them trample me into the ground
and drag my honor in the dust.
(Psalm 7:3-5, NLT)

Wow! He was serious about upright conduct.

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost Review