I have about 750 Christmas songs on my iPod. The problem, if it could be called that, is that I've cycled through most of them a few times already. (That's okay, because albums like "A Charlie Brown Christmas" never seem to get old.)
As fate would have it, those two songs are on my "Ten Least-Loved Christmas Songs of 2012" list. It's not enjoyable to wake up to an alarm blaring either of those, so I've decided to start using the buzzer on the alarm instead. It's more inspiring.
Because I enjoy not enjoying certain Christmas songs, I'd like to present the complete list for you. It varies a bit from last year's list in that it's a little longer. Please reciprocate by listing your bottom 10 (or however many you'd like to include) Christmas songs.
Dean's Ten Least-Loved Christmas Songs of 2012:
- Last Christmas (Wham!, Taylor Swift, the Glee Cast)
- Step Into Christmas (Elton John)
- All I Want for Christmas Is You (Mariah Carey)
- Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree (Brenda Lee, etc., etc., etc.)
- Happy Christmas (War Is Over) (John Lennon, etc.)
- Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town (Jackson 5, Bruce Springsteen, Mariah Carey, etc.)
- The Christmas Shoes (NewSong -- it's a huge victory that I've only heard this song once so far all season!)
- Do They Know It's Christmas (Feed the World) (Band Aid)
- Little Saint Nick (Beach Boys)
- Run Rudolph Run (Chuck Berry)