Site Meter

26 May 2011

Refocus

Have you ever tried to tell a story but wound up rambling so much that your listener(s) lost interest or you forgot exactly where you were going with it? No? Me neither. (cough! cough!)

Regardless, I'm taking some time to reassess EGBDF's blog content, and that illustration seemed to fit.

From what I can recall, these are the dominant themes that have been featured as I've moved willy-nilly from one topic to another:

  • The current state of the Church -- where it is compared to what we see in Scripture
  • Real-life stories and situations that tie in to a hodge-podge of spiritual themes (this was the initial thrust of the blog)
  • Personal holiness
The funny thing is that the title of the blog, "EGBDF" (an acronym which Wikipedia sums up well: "The notes on the lines of the treble clef and the mnemonic used by some music students to remember it, such as Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge."), is a decidedly musical term. The blog description is "A muscian's perspective on following Christ."

But other than my participation in The Worship Community's Sunday Setlists weekly "worship confessional" when I was on staff working with a church, there hasn't been much of a musical overtone -- pun intended -- to the blog.

When I started blogging, my reason was simple: "I fully expect God to speak to me in some way today, and I'll just take those thoughts and post them so that everybody can benefit from my super-spiritual Godliness." Or something like that. Minus the last half. That reason is still in effect, but the sidetraction along the way has been, well, sidetracking.

So stay with me and stay tuned for a more tightly-focused... er... focus. You're more than welcome to share any of your thoughts along these lines. I'm praying over it now and I'm anxious to find out what happens, myself!

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost Review