Site Meter

14 October 2010

Perspectives

The change of perspective from the time of the Psalms to the time of the apostles is something that has always fascinated me. Psalm 84 was written from one point of view, when “the house of God” was actually a physical place. The same Psalm can be sung now, but from a different, fantastic point of view:

How lovely is your dwelling place,
       O Lord of Heaven’s Armies.
I long, yes, I faint with longing
       to enter the courts of the Lord.
With my whole being, body and soul,
       I will shout joyfully to the living God.
Even the sparrow finds a home,
       and the swallow builds her nest and raises her young
at a place near your altar,
       O Lord of Heaven’s Armies, my King and my God!
What joy for those who can live in your house,
       always singing your praises.
Psalm 84:4 (NLT)

And you are living stones that God is building into his spiritual temple. What’s more, you are his holy priests. Through the mediation of Jesus Christ, you offer spiritual sacrifices that please God. As the Scriptures say,
“I am placing a cornerstone in Jerusalem,
       chosen for great honor,
and anyone who trusts in him
       will never be disgraced.”
1 Peter 2:5-6 (NLT)

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost Review