Site Meter

05 August 2010

Spare Us Any Joy...?

Taking a short break from the "Is the Church Singing the Wrong Words" series...

Ragamuffin Soul [+Digital Booklet]I was listening to Carlos Whittaker's newest album, Ragamuffin Soul, yesterday and once again, the chorus of the song jumped out at me. I wanted to share the lyrics:

Save us from these comforts
Break us of our need for the familiar
Spare us any joy that’s not of You
And we will worship You
(Yeah) We will worship You

Wow... "Spare us any joy that’s not of You." It's not easy to say that and be genuine about it. But that's just the place I want to be.

I highly recommend the CD (or the MP3 download from Amazon.com)

1 comments:

John King said...

Havent heard it yet, but yes I too like the messege.
Save us from these conforts...that tells me to not take material objects an have them become something I worship.
Break us of our need to be familar...I take that as we are All different an should love each other unconditionally.
Spare us any joy thats not for you...again for me that says, Be the Real Deal. Honest, willing to learn, not doing something to praise yourself in any way. That Everything we do. Must be to Glorify Jesus.
An we will Worship you.....Full Circle here. If we worship him him first, all of these things will fall into place. You must first Love Jesus more than Anything else, an Worship him at All times.
Am I close.....John

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost Review