Site Meter

26 April 2010

final sunday setlist


This will be my last entry in the Sunday Setlist blog carnival for the foreseeable future. (By the way, here is my favorite original Sunday Setlists graphic, I think. I may do a gallery of the various graphics I've made up for Sunday Setlists.)

As you may have read in a previous post, our family is embarking on a path that we've prayed over and read in the Word about for a very long time. Many call it "organic church." This doesn't mean that we're elitist or feel like we're superior to or smarter or more holy than anyone. It does mean that we're following the path that God has laid out for us.

Over the years God has surrounded me and my wife with so many amazing friends that it's... ah... amazing. Sunday night, April 25 was my last service as Worship Pastor at Wall Highway, and we had a fantastic (and very long) music gathering.

Many old friends and former team members were able to be there, and that was a truly huge blessing. I can't do enough to express my thanks to long-time friends and current team members, as well as those who've moved on to other church fellowships.

Below is our song list, in roughly the sets that we did the songs in. Not many are up-to-the-minute "hit singles," but that's okay. These are songs that we've come to love over the years as vehicles of praise and of worship. This was about two hours' worth of music, and I could've easily played longer. (By the way, I think I get some kind of commission if you purchase one of these MP3s after clicking on its link. I'm just sayin'... Links go to Amazon.com MP3 downloads.)

Today is the Day (Lincoln Brewster)
Because of Your Love (Paul Baloche)
Sing for Joy (Lamont Hiebert)

Higher Ground (traditional)
Friend of God (Israel Houghton)
Did You Feel the Mountains Tremble? (Delirious?)

Glory to the Lord (Don Moen)
Let the Praises Ring (Lincoln Brewster)
Hallelujah (Your Love is Amazing) (Brian Doerksen)
Revelation Song (various) (link goes to the Kari Jobe version)

Everlasting God (Lincoln Brewster version, sort of)
You Shine (Brian Doerksen)

Down to the River to Pray (Alison Krauss)
When It's All Been Said and Done (Don Moen)

Glory to God Forever (Fee)
It's Time for the Reign of God (Brian Doerksen)
Hosanna (Paul Baloche) (looks like this MP3 may be free...?)
We Fall Down (Passion)

Come Thou Fount, Come Thou King (Gateway Worship)
He Reigns (Newsboys)
Days of Elijah (Robin Mark)

We Will Hold On (Paul Baloche)
God is Good All the Time (Don Moen)
You Never Let Go (Matt Redman)

3 comments:

Tony M said...

Thanks again for including me; it was fun, and it was a pleasure worshiping with you all again!

Jan said...

I had a great time Dean. Thanks for inviting me. ANd even though you did not cry, I did. I know God's going to use you to continue to point others to Him - and isn't that what worship leading is all about?

Christy said...

It was truly a blessing. Seeing so many friends (brothers & sisters) reminded me of how extravagantly rich I am - all due to the grace of God.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost Review