Site Meter

05 February 2010

heartfelt sympathy

I had planned to write a particular post tonight, but this afternoon our community was shocked by news of a shooting at a local school, Discovery Middle School, and I can hardly think of anything else. My deepest sympathy goes out to the family and friends of the victim, who passed away about six hours after the shooting.

Please be diligent to pray for the family. Pray for the one who pulled the trigger and for his family. Pray for those who will be stepping forward to offer shoulders to cry on, ears to listen, and words to speak when necessary.

Be merciful to me, O LORD, for I am in distress;
    my eyes grow weak with sorrow,
    my soul and my body with grief.
Psalm 31:9 (NIV)

He heals the brokenhearted
    And binds up their wounds.
Psalm 147:3 (NKVJ)

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost Review