Site Meter

08 February 2010

electives?

The other day my beautiful and perfect wife was cleaning the house. It needed to be done because we were going to have a guest over. I was working on things for the upcoming worship service on Sunday. I wasn't doing any manual labor, and I probably could have taken care of some of my tasks earlier in the week.

(But I didn't, and because of that I have blog fodder.)

So after a bit of that, I looked up at her and said, "@callielusk (I actually said her real name, because not only do I not speak Twitter stuff aloud, but it makes me think of The Artist Formerly Known As Prince, and I don't want to give her REAL name out in a post...), I'm going to pray about helping you."

And we both smirked that goofy and knowing smirk that happens when your spouse says, "Spouse, I'm going to pray about helping you."

But before I knew it, which, I hate to say, was more than a few minutes, she was done!

I'm having trouble finding a spiritual parallel. Say, one that relates to followers of Christ doing things that all followers of Christ should do. Any help would be appreciated.

1 comments:

Leroy said...

In this situation, Proverbs 21 comes to mind...

Vs 9 - Better to dwell in a corner of a housetop, Than in a house shared with a contentious woman.

Vs 19 - Better to dwell in the wilderness, Than with a contentious and angry woman.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost Review