Site Meter

19 February 2010

deep thoughts on overheard conversations

Let me be very clear: I don't like using the word "butt" to refer to part of the anatomy. Although it's not number one (or maybe even in the top 100) in the list of "bad" slang words -- and yes, it's still considered to be slang -- it's not a favorite. With that qualification, I'm going to use it anyway as a part of a fancy new "deep thought" saying that I think I've just invented.

Here it is, for your contemplation:
Always let your conversation be conducted in such a way that your mom (or other person that you greatly respect) would not be offended if you accidentally butt-dialed her and she overheard everything you said.
I believe this might be a culturally-adjusted version of Colossians 4:6, "Let your speech always be with grace, as though seasoned with salt, so that you will know how you should respond to each person." (NASB)

My apologies to those of you who are offended. Please don't be that way. I would say this in front of my mom. 

2 comments:

Anthony Stephens said...

now that is a great way of putting it.

John King said...

test

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost Review