Site Meter

22 December 2009

if yuo cna raed tihs

My daughter sent me an e-mail today that was pretty cool. I've seen a lot of forwarded e-mails, but hadn't seen this one. It's well off the beaten path of typical EGBDF fare. For no reason other than curiosity, I'm interested in knowing how easy this is for you to read:

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid... aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

3 comments:

Tony M said...

I'd seen this before (in fact, I thought I sent it to you several years ago). Yes, it's pretty amazing how the mind will "read" over the incorrectly spelled words. For me, shorter words are usually harder to skip over; e.g., "rset" could be read as "reset" instead of "rest" - and similar. But it is pretty cool.

eroyLaa said...

indaKaa ikelaa eadingraa igpaa atinLaa.

Paul Wilkinson (Thinking Out Loud) said...

Between this and Twitter, I think we can kiss normal English goodbye!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost Review