Site Meter

08 July 2009

Prayer Wars

It's jaw-dropping and energizing to see Satan lose battles. That amazement is doubled when you've been praying over a situation and God says "yes" in an instant way rather than incrementally. (Humans are so limited by linear thinking.)

I was looking at God in amazement last night because of the way He'd seen fit to address several things I'd been praying over, and I woke up this morning and saw that another great thing had happened while I slept. I'm wide-eyed at how God has powerfully moved for His own fame and glory in response to prayer. My devotional this morning was called "Prayer Wars" and was based on Ephesians 6:10-24; a passage about equipping ourselves with the whole armor of God and spiritual warfare.

I can't help thinking that someone at InterVarsity Press is diligently following God. A couple of months ago I found their morning devotionals and instantly liked them because they're inductive. They use large passages of Scripture, there are no scripted answers to the many questions that are posed within the daily studies, and mercifully, there are usually no cute stories or illustrations that potentially distract from the point.

I bring up these particular devotionals because they uncannily seem to go step-for-step along with what's happening in my life from one day to the next. It's really eerie.

Have to admit, yesterday it was so good to see God at work around me that I'm slightly paranoid that today couldn't possibly match up to it. But then there's this passage...

Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Glory to him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen.
- Ephesians 3:20-21 (NLT)

1 comments:

Jan said...

Don't you love it when you hear from God and you see Him move in good ways? I think I'm just too busy doing my own thing to be attuned to those moments sometimes!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost Review