Site Meter

01 June 2009

Overheard in the Swimming Pool


Today was a good day.

I spent the first part of it working on our deck, a gift and huge blessing that my dad along with vocalist extraordinaire Josh (Melissa's husband) helped me build. Our modest, above-ground pool is also, very literally, a blessing. I almost started laughing, but at the same time wished I could have my innocence back when my daughter and her friend were trying to figure out what to play in the pool.

Sitting on inner tube-style inflatables, Alaina's friend said to her, "Want to flip each other off?" Mercifully, my daughter suggested something different.

(If you don't get that, you still retain a wonderful amount of innocence.)

3 comments:

Tony M said...

Just read this to my wife... and she exploded in laughter. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to figure out if a "huge blessing" is a huge blessing or a huge debt. You never can tell now a days. ;) Great story!

Deanna

Christy said...

LOL!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost Review