Site Meter

17 May 2009

Bittersweet Sunday

Today will be bittersweet. My friend Jake Woods, who's graduating this year and will be interning with me this summer, is leading music in our services with a team of 12th grade students today at Wall Highway. That's the sweet part, along with the fact that Tom Parker, our youth pastor, is speaking. I always enjoy and get encouragement from these special weekends. Participating in worship with the Church while not leading is very refreshing sometimes.

The downside is that I won't be able to go to services down the road at New Life Baptist Church, where Paul Washer (who has a Twitter feed!) is speaking today. If you're not familiar with him, you need to be. He is not what I'd classify as a feel-good preacher. Rather, he gets straight to the heart of things without mincing words along the way.

May your services today be God-honoring!

2 comments:

Daniel.Perez2 said...

Hey Dean! Seeing you at Casa Blanca yesterday made me think of your blog. It was great seeing you there!

We did have a great time getting to hear Brother Paul preach Sunday morning and evening. It's a shame you couldn't make it; but understandable ; ) If you haven't heard the audio on the church website, you should check it out. It's good.

Just wanted to say hi and that I really, really like your blog! You're definitely an encouragement to me, man!

-Daniel;ito

Dean Lusk said...

It was good to see you guys! I do regret that I didn't get to be there for those meetings.

Thanks for the visit and for the extremely kind words!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost Review