Site Meter

02 April 2009

T.P.S. Reports

Two days ago I noted that I was an idiot. Today I'm filling you in on the fact that I'm sometimes a wuss (according to The Free Online Dictionary, "A person regarded as weak or timid and especially as unmanly"). There are a lot of us out there, unfortunately.

I hestitate to admit that I get out of bed some morenings and one of the first thoughts I have is something like, "Man, I'm not looking forward to this or that," and I grudgingly take on the tasks of the day. My wife already knows this about me -- I can be whiny.

It's pretty obvious that this is the result of self-centeredness. I feel like By gosh, I have a right to live my day a certain way, and when I realize that I can't, I feel like I'm being wronged somehow. In his message a couple of weeks ago, Francis Chan from Cornerstone Church in Simi Valley mentioned that time is not my time to begin with. I've known this for a long time, but I frequently don't approach the day with that attitude. I'm on earth to serve God and to do what He wills; to live and preach the Gospel and serve others along the way.

One little verse I read this morning magnified the fact that while Jesus may have dealt with the temptation of despair, He never gave in or let it deter Him from His mission:

"As the time drew near for him to ascend to heaven, Jesus resolutely set out for Jerusalem." (Luke 9:51, NLT, emphasis mine)

Jesus knew that He was about to suffer massive brutalization, but kept his sights firmly on the mission He was to fulfill. He was determined to go through with whatever God had laid out for Him to do.

Me? I don't want to have to stay late at rehearsal some Thursday nights. How about you? You don't want to stay and hear the guy talk past 12:01 Sunday morning or have to sing a song you don't like? Don't want to help your co-worker because he should have had the TPS reports done on Monday morning? What's your issue?

3 comments:

Christy said...

home school

Anonymous said...

staying home with my kids :)

worshipcity said...

Oh man and you quote Francis Chan! Consider yourself added to the GReader and my blogroll! Hahaha!

Oh and mine: Each month's visa bill reconciliation.
Daily? Not so much, I'm a pretty big optimist :)

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost Review