Site Meter

04 April 2009

Friday's Music - April 3, 2009

Last night we kicked off our "Awakening" series of services. Friday night at 7:00, Saturday night at 7:00, and Sunday at 9:30 and 11:00. Looking forward to tonight's music -- my friend Jeff Fessler and his team from one of our sister church fellowships, Huntsville Christian Church, will be leading and I've been afforded the rare opportunity to play drums!

Here's last night's music (without links -- I'm rushing to get this posted).

God of This City (Andrew McCann / Boyd Aaron / Ian Jordan / Peter Comfort / Peter Kernaghan, / Richard Bleakley) - key of B - Josh Wilhoit sung the lead vocal on this one. We used a background video of photos taken from the Huntsville/Madison area -- the good, the bad, and the ugly. This is the community to which we've been called to touch, to love, and to which we must represent Christ.

I Surrender All (Winfield Weeden, traditional) - key of B - I felt it was appropriate to begin our congregational time of worship with a time of commitment. I pray that this truly was a prayer that leads into a great awakening of the Church, and not just the churches in our area.

Refiner's Fire (Brian Doerksen) - key of E - A continuation of the theme of "I Surrender All," but more of a prayer directly requesting God to remold us from within.

Open the Eyes of My Heart (Paul Baloche) - key of E - I did not plan on this song; no charts, no lyrics (fortunately it's one every lead worshipper knows). Just felt like it belonged here. Ended it with the ladies singing the "Holy, holy, holy" part and the men simultaneously singing "Open the eyes of my heart..."

Holy, Holy, Holy - key of E - Again, a spontaneous song; an obvious continuation of the previous theme and focus on God in His holiness.

Here's the really cool part: I had no idea what Ed Newton, our speaker, was going to preach on. None at all. So it was really amazing when he spoke on Isaiah 6:1-8! Guess what verse 3 says...?

Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of Heaven’s Armies!
The whole earth is filled with his glory!

Wow. I love it when that happens.

We closed with these songs:

Amazing Grace / My Chains Are Gone (John Newton / John P. Rees / Edwin Othello Excell / Chris Tomlin / Louie Giglio) - key of E - From words in the message. Was going to use "Take Me In," but needed something the entire congregation could sing.

Today is the Day (Lincoln Brewster) - key of D - One of a couple of "Whoa" songs. Really high in the bridge -- really fun to sing as praise.

Let the Praises Ring (Lincoln Brewster) - key of E - Wonderful way to close the service.

So, how was your Friday? :-)

1 comments:

worshipcity said...

Sorry I'm so late to the discussion, just beginning to dig in I'm afraid. What an incredible set! I LOVE that you included the spontaneous songs! That's so fantastic. Plus the Brewster tunes are some of my favorite.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost Review