Site Meter

07 March 2009

Axes and Sharp Arrows

Telling lies about others
   is as harmful as hitting them with an ax,
wounding them with a sword,
   or shooting them with a sharp arrow.
- Proverbs 25:18 (NLT)

Sometimes the NLT's wording puts things in such a way that they really hit home. No worries -- no one has told lies about me or anyone I know. This verse just stood out to me. Remember that speaking to someone about an assumption you've made regarding another person's character is likely going to put you in the above situation.

4 comments:

Alaina said...

Hay, it's me your Alaina. I am sorry tht I have never commented on your blog. :-( Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reminder! Today, I read a verse that corresponds to that sentiment:

"I tell you, on the day of judgement people will give account for every careless word they speak." Matthew 12:36 ESV

Makes you want to keep your mouth shut sometimes, huh? (Not just you.) :)

Julie

Dean Lusk said...

Alaina -- no worries! Thank you for commenting!

Julie, "Not just you"?!?! :)

Anonymous said...

Well, it sounded as if I was saying "you" singular, when I was really saying "you" plural. Just wanted to clarify. :)

Julie

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost Review