Site Meter

16 January 2009

Why?

Though I have a pretty small set of followers and those whom I follow, some really interesting and profound things come across the Twitter wire occasionally. (Click "Twitter" to link to its description, if you're not familiar with it.)

Take this question from Mandy Thompson yesterday, for instance. Simple but quite puzzling:

The one thing i don't get about weather people is that they can consistently screw up & still keep their jobs.

I guess I've always wondered that, too.

4 comments:

Steve said...

Which reminds me of an old joke:

A high school student is attending a career fair and talking to people from different professions. He approaches the booth manned by the weather service and asks "Tell me, sir, why I would to be a weatherman."

The person manning the booth replies "Where else can you be wrong half the time and still keep your job?"

Leroy said...

Perspective...just plan on the opposite of what the weatherman says and you're good to go!

Christy said...

That's why I don't bother watching the local news. If I want to know how the weather is, I look out my window.

Jan said...

they keep their jobs i suppose because weather is an "act of God" - out of our control......and who can totally predict God?

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost Review