Site Meter

02 January 2009

New Link!

A couple of friends have begun blogs for 2009, and I've added one of their sites to the links list; Steve Manning's Netkritter, a blog about technology trends. Already it looks way interesting! Another friend's blog looks to be a little more personal -- family and friends -- so I'll wait on the green light from him before linking.

A little history... Steve is an old friend of mine. I met him and several other now-good-friends playing a nerdy-sounding-but-cool online game called Space Empires (which was purchased by a company called Skotos and developed into a game called Galactic Emperor: Hegemony). My friend Steve G still has his old Space Empires Rogues' Gallery site up! I'm "Laudio" in the list at that link.

Out of the hundreds of people I met in those games, only a handful wound up "sticking" as friends. I could go on and on about how the game gave great insight into a person's personality, butI'll leave it at that. I really value these friendships. Three of the guys are named Steve, and at one point I was awarded honorary Stevehood, for Steve-ish valour in the games. :)

By the way, Steve Manning has a couple of books I recommend (follow the links to Amazon.com). They're about WWII, but even if you're not a war buff, you'll find these very interesting. Perspectives on the contributions of "common" men and women. Good reads!

3 comments:

Christy said...

Too bad their name(s) isn't(aren't) Ted. Then you'd have your wish come true - soft of. ;0)

Steve said...

Dean's Certificate of Honorary Stevehood (PDF version) is still posted in the Rogue's Gallery. He truly is worthy of the name.

Anonymous said...

Indeed.

I'm happy with being a Steve.

What's with the wish to be a Ted?

Step-hen

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost Review