Site Meter

31 December 2008

Happy Last Day of '08!

Well, here we are. I'd like to wish all of you, readers, lurkers, frequent commenters all and whatever there is in between, a fantastic New Year!

I think that this year, I'm going to stop trying to transfer blame to other people. I've realized that I do this on many levels (for instance, in situations at home with my wife), even though I didn't think I did. That's a defense mechanism that isn't a Godly one. If someone else does something that I believe makes me look bad, I'm going to absorb it and find out if anything I did (or didn't do) contributed to the problem, and work to help make it better.

We humans shift blame far more often than we'd like to think, and it's typically because we don't want to admit our own fault or because because we think that remaining silent tarnish our squeaky-clean reputation.

So there you have it. Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Leroy said...

Happy New Year's Eve!! Thanks be to you Dean for taking the time to make us readers, lurkers, posters, etc. more aware of some of the ungodly things in our lives that we may not think twice about otherwise.

Wow, that was a mouthful. If you read it slowly, it *might* make sense. :)

Tony M said...

Funny... our new pastor (i.e., at our new church, down here in Daphne/Spanish Fort) made a point in the sermon today that quite reminded me of this post. Nearly word-for-word (felt that close, anyway).

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost Review