Site Meter

19 November 2008

Throwing Up

A very wise person once said, "Cleaning your room is like throwing up. It's not any fun to do, but it feels good after you've done it." (This is a quote from my nine-year-old daughter.) I think that it's dead-on, and it's made me aware that there are a lot of things that are perfect for similes with "throwing up."
  • Forgiving someone is like throwing up...
  • Asking for forgiveness is like throwing up...
  • Submitting to someone else for the greater good is like throwing up... (but sometimes we still have that bad taste in our mouths, I'd think)
  • Confessing sin is like throwing up...
And some of these things may be what the writer of Proverbs 26 had in mind when he wrote, "As a dog returns to its vomit, so a fool repeats his foolishness." (Proverbs 26:11, NLT) (This is the second post in which I've used that verse, and I'm glad that my daughter afforded me the opportunity to do so.)

I debated on which photo to use for this post -- a dirty room or vomit. Since I was able to use the word or phrase for "vomit" eight times (now nine), I opted for the former. You're welcome.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should see my car... (Hey I'm the only one that gets in it)

Its funny (sad really) how we tend to want to hide behind our shortcomings - instead of bending our knees and giving it to the Lord.

keo

Preston N said...

I guess that puts the verse "and they return to their vomit" in a whole new light!

Melissa said...

I feel a little nauseous now, Dean. Gee, thanks. :)

Seriously though, good thought.

Leroy said...

Good post to keep for a slow-post day. You know, for later regurgitation. :)

Dean Lusk said...

So are you saying this is a "B-side" post, Leroy??

:)

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost Review