Site Meter

12 November 2008

This Weekend -- the Homeless

This Saturday I'm going to be taking a trip downtown with Bibles, books, and medical supplies (Band-Aids, Carmex, OTC pain reliever, Neosporin, gauze, etc.) to take them to some of the homeless people who're under a particular bridge. I may hang out with some of the college kids I've met there who serve hot food every Saturday (of their own accord -- no organized establishment behind their efforts).

Would any of you in the Huntsville area like to go with me? I intend to do this about every two weeks, so you'll have the opportunity again. Don't let that be a reason for putting it off, though.

Also, if any of you would like to contribute any of the supplies listed above, please let me know in the comments or via e-mail (dean.lusk(the "at" symbol)gmail.com) I'm planning on making a run to a store (avoiding WalMart -- I promised myself I would never go there again) before Saturday, and any contributions before then would be greatly appreciated. I'll let you know how to get them to me or I can pick them up.

1 comments:

Jan said...

What time are you going? I have a workshop almost all day so it's unlikely I'll be able to go this time but would like to in the future. I can give you a donation if I can swing by this morning and drop off a check.......text me.

Have you read "The Dangerous Act of Worship"? It's really messing with my heart. I think it would speak to you right now.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost Review