Site Meter

11 October 2008

Church Slogan #1

I've posted twice today (this post being number two), so be sure to read the post below this one (and the ones below that one if you haven't checked in for a couple of days).

I don't think I've posted specifically about this before, and I don't feel like simply searching my own blog. That'd be too easy, not to mention the fact that it would take away my reason for writing this one. Also, many of you are new readers and may not have seen past posts.

In my quest to come up with a slogan a year or two ago, I decided to put my humor brain cell into overdrive. I submitted some of these to The Wittenburg Door (a "Christian" satire magazine which I liked for a while) and they published them at their website but not in the magazine, the latter of which would have brought me some cold, hard cash.

In order to give myself blogging material for several days, I will present the slogans one at a time rather than all at once. Here is the first (with thanks to commenter Lisa for collaboration): "If a catchy slogan is all it takes to get you to go to church, welcome home!"

Please place your own submission(s) in the comments and I'll whip up a graphic. Matter of fact, if I have more than a few entries, I may pull a Jeff Miller and have a book giveaway for the winner.

3 comments:

Leroy said...

"Don't be a breelcream (TM) [spelling?] Christian where a little dab will do you."

Saw it on a church sign on our way to Orlando this past week.

Preston N said...

OK - Here is a Bad Church Slogan that is actually here in town (Huntsville). I won't say who the church is but the slogan is on their University sign and is across the street from UAH.

It says:

"God is not mad at you.....No Matter What!"

Really!?? You mean I can do "anything" and God won't be mad at me? WOW!

This has danger signs written all over it! (no pun intended).

Dean Lusk said...

Yeah, I've noticed that one. :-/

At the risk of giving a "proof text," here's a Scripture from John:

"He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him." - John 3:36, NASB

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost Review