Site Meter

16 August 2008

Crushing Peace

Talk about unusual-sounding statements...

"And the God of peace will crush Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen." - Romans 16:20 (NKJV) (emphasis mine) You need to read the preceding passages to see when and why God will do this.

I love that verse! This is completely weird, I think, but the promise contained in it makes me think of the following song. I am not making light of the verse in the slightest -- it gives me a great feeling and a great outlook. A virtual kewpie doll and a grand prize (I'll make a special "Ode to This Person" post) go to the one who identifies it first. I'm going from memory here, so you may also correct me on mis-remembered lyrics.

It's a good feeling to know you're alive;
It's such a happy feeling -- you're growing inside
And when you wake up happy to say,
"I think I'll make a snappy new day,"
It's such a good feeling, a very good feeling.
The feeling you know that...
I'll be back... when the day is new...
And I'll have more ideas for you...
And you'll have things you want to talk about.
I...
will...
too.

3 comments:

Tony M said...

Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood, anyone? Did I win? :)

Tony M said...

Ninfa says:

It's such a good feeling to know you're alive, it's such a good feeling -- you're growing inside, and when you wake up ready to say, "I think I'll make a snappy new day," it's such a good feeling, a very good feeling, a feeling you know that I'll be back, when the day is new, and I'll have more ideas for you. And you'll have things you'll want to talk about. I... will... too.

She says, "Neat idea, kudos Dean." Maybe she'll get on here and post her idea herself soon.

Gotta go...

Leroy said...

"It's The Best Day Ever". I hope that's not sacreligious.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost Review