Site Meter

22 July 2008

Pan-Seared Ribeye

This is really off the wall in terms of the things that I usually post, but I had to share it. I found this recipe a month or two ago and finally had the opportunity to try it tonight (along with fried green tomatoes, a first for me).

From FoodNetwork.com comes this recipe of Alton Brown's for pan-seared ribeyes. I highly recommend the recipe. Obviously it won't result in a grilled-tasting steak, but the results are more like prime ribe than a typical steak. I loved them!



1 boneless rib eye steak, 1 1/2-inch thick
Canola oil to coat
Kosher salt and ground black pepper

Place 10 to 12-inch cast iron skillet in oven and heat oven to 500 degrees. Bring steak(s) to room temperature.

When oven reaches temperature, remove pan and place on range over high heat. Coat steak lightly with oil and season both sides with a generous pinch of salt. Grind on black pepper to taste.

Immediately place steak in the middle of hot, dry pan. Cook 30 seconds without moving. Turn with tongs and cook another 30 seconds, then put the pan straight into the oven for 2 minutes. Flip steak and cook for another 2 minutes. (This time is for medium rare steaks. If you prefer medium, add a minute to both of the oven turns.)

Remove steak from pan, cover loosely with foil, and rest for 2 minutes. Serve whole or slice thin and fan onto plate.

7 comments:

Jan said...

when can I come over for dinner?

Ninfa said...

I'm with Jan.

Isn't it great when you find that perfect recipe? Not everyone is a fish eater but I love my recipe for Salmon. I marinate it and stick it on the grill... mmmmm good!

Tony M said...

Her salmon is great (really - I've only had its equal when I eat another of her grilled salmon fillets)... but I think I'd like to try your ribeye, too!

Leroy said...

Where's the beef?!

Jan said...

sounds like we need to have a dinner party....on your new deck!

Leroy said...

Around your new (clean) pool!!

Dean Lusk said...

This is the greatest number of comments I've had in a while. This tells me that food and potentially controversial topics are the best for generating responses.

A good blog might help, too. :-)

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost Review