Site Meter

13 July 2008

In Case You Missed It...

Monday: Hitting the Deck
In which I talk about the project of this week and last -- a new deck! I'll post a photo when it's completed. Many thanks to the three men who've been helping/

Tuesday: Going Through the Motions, Revisited
This post gives an example of what I mean by "going through the motions," and tells why this can actually be a positive thing. This is different -- far different -- from "playing church."

Wednesday: Take This Job...
When you're in the midst of a thankless job, remember to work as though working for the Lord rather than people. Could be an extension of the previous day's post.

Thursday: Identical Coffee Makers, Different Java

Even though I may have learned some phenomenally enlightening things through the tough situations of my life, I've also learned that sometimes these lessons can't be used as solution templates for someone else's problems. Sometimes it's important just to listen rather than relate how much we know.


Friday: When an Agnostic Follows the Bible...
A really interesting concept, about which a guy named A. J. Jacobs has written a book: "The Year of Living Biblically: One Man's Quest to Follow the Bible as Literally as Possible"


Saturday: Apollo the Dog vs. Rocky Lusk
My favorite post of the week. More about perseverance! When I raced Hershey the Dog on Friday afternoon, I thought, "This has got to be blog material." Sure enough, the post essentially wrote itself. A must-read (if you consider anything here to be a must-read).

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost Review