Site Meter

08 April 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like April.

Yesterday I was reminded of why there is a particular season for everything. I'm learning more every day, and I'm not sure whether or not I should admit to this...

There were some lights on our house that I put up prior to Christmas, and I finally took them down yesterday. These things were made to be taken down during the winter, around January 1st. Do you know how I know this? Because wasps are typically not out and about on New Year's Day. I procrastinated heavily on this task, and it almost came back to bite me (not to mention that it looked very silly to have anything Christmassy on my house in April).

I began to wonder if I'm always so concerned about making sure my spiritual house stays in order that I've shoved some physically practical things to the side, thinking of them as unimportant. And if this is the case, surely these physical things could somehow be negatively affecting those with whom I come in contact, even to the point of being stumbling blocks. I'm seeing how the advice in Proverbs 6:1-11 is not only wise in a practical sense, but wise in a spiritual sense, as well. Not only our actions, but our inaction, can impact those around us.

For those of you who've been negatively affected by the action or inaction of someone, I encourage you to be prepared to forgive them and take the initiative to spur them on to love and good deeds, and for those of you who may be causing that negativity by what you don't do or what you do do, I encourage you to "go to the ant." (Thou sluggard!) :-)

1 comments:

Christy said...

The snippet on my blog is Proverbs 20:13, very similar to the references you used from Proverbs today! Weird, huh?

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost Review