Site Meter

20 March 2008

You Dropped A Balm On Me

A while back I was in a store and remembered that I needed after shave, so I bought what looked like the only product the store had in that area: Nivea Extra Soothing Balm. I didn't think that anything with "Nivea" on the label looked like a very manly product, but I bought it anyhow, for the sake of convenience. I now highly recommend it.


I eventually ran out of it and while on my way home from work remembered that I needed some after shave. For the sake of convenience (I like convenience, don't I?) I stopped in at a discount store and picked up an inexpensive, manly-looking bottle of after shave.

When I got home I decided to splash some on to see what it smelled like. I should have opted to take a number of little pins and poke them in my face instead; that would have been more soothing. I hadn't even shaved prior to applying this poison to my face, and it still burned! To its credit, it smelled okay.

"Faithful are the wounds of a friend, but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful." (Proverbs 27:6, NLT)

"The heartfelt counsel of a friend is as sweet as perfume and incense." (Proverbs 27:9, NLT)

Have you ever been encouraging to a friend in spite of the fact that you knew you should call them onto the proverbial carpet? Consider the fact that in many cases, you may be the only person they listen to, and the fact that it's our duty to "motivate one another to acts of love and good works." (Hebrews 10:24, NLT)

"Dear brothers and sisters, if another believer is overcome by some sin, you who are godly should gently and humbly help that person back onto the right path. And be careful not to fall into the same temptation yourself." (Galatians 6:1, NLT)

All this reflection comes as a result of using cheap after shave. If you decide to become a balm to someone this week, though, I recommend the Nivea version -- healing without quite so much burn.

1 comments:

Pastor Rob said...

Hi Dean!

Hey, I am a pastor in the North Carolina region and about once a month I do a link exchange with about 10 other blogs I've read and like (and would like to give a boost to).

If you would be interested, first check out my blog at www.robsingleton.net to see if you like it enough and let me know that you have linked to me or blogrolled me and I will do the same.

email is, robtherev@gmail.com

Thanks,

Pastor Rob

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost Review