Site Meter

01 March 2008

Search Me

Psalm 139:22-23 (NKJV):
Search me, O God, and know my heart;
    Try me, and know my anxieties;
And see if there is any wicked way in me,
    And lead me in the way everlasting.

David knows that God has already searched his heart (and says so in verse one of this chapter). Now David asks God to reveal what what He's found out, so that David can make corrections and be more diligent in following where God leads.

I'd like to ask you to do two things.

Each day before you get started on what the day holds, after your prayer and Scripture time, ask yourself, "Will I do my best to live for God today?" Hopefully your answer will be, "Yes," and will be evidenced as the day unfolds.

Then, each night as you lay down to go to sleep (or stay awake longer, as the case may be), ask God this question: "Did I do my best to live for You today?" (This line comes from the Jim Cowan song "When It's All Been Said and Done," which is what brought this exact phrase to mind.)

When it's all been said and done,
There is just one thing that matters:
Did I do my best to live for truth?
Did I live my life for You?
(c) 1999 Integrity's Hosanna! Music
CCLI Song #2788353

1 comments:

Tony M said...

Good advice... thanks for the convicting encouragement! :)

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost Review