Site Meter

28 February 2008

Won't You Be My Neighbor?

This is a bit of an off-the-wall post, and I'll bet you thought it was going to be about the Good Samaritan. It isn't.

On Thursday, March 20, the would-have-been-80th birthday of Fred Rogers (of Mister Rogers' Neighborhood), Family Communications, Inc. is sponsoring "Won't You Be My Neighbor Days" from March 15 through March 20. Most of us, I'll bet, grew up with him, learning what it meant to be a neighbor.

In his honor, the company is asking, "Won't you wear a sweater on March 20?"

I think I'm going to wear a sweater.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

awww, I miss the train. On March 20th are we to change our shoes during the day too? I will wear a sweater that day too. :-)

Man I feel old. Gee thanks Dean! LOL

Thanks for calling and checking on me this week. It meant alot.

Christy said...

When I was a wee little one I had a HUGE crush on Mr. Rogers! My mom said that she was actually worried about me because I adored him so much. :) I think it's cool how he stayed with pretty much the same format over the years and kids STILL loved his show.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost Review