Site Meter

22 February 2008

Upcoming Things...

Apologies for my slackness in posts the past couple of days. All should be back on an even keel within the next couple of days, and you should see more posts for the thinking Christ-follower.

In the coming week I plan to touch on a couple of subjects, the first being the etymology of the phrase "worship service" and how it applies to us today in a typical setting. Many fellowships call them "gatherings" or "meetings," and I'd venture to say that while those probably seem more appropriate for the general action of assembling, the deeper meaning of "service" really needs to be examined and applied.

The second subject, although a little old, may turn out to be fiery. I received yet another e-mail today noting Kathy Griffin's words at the Emmy Awards last year (pop-up warning) and commenting on the offense taken by those forwarding the e-mail. I'd like to analyze the reactions of Christians not only to this event, but to similar ones.

Teaser... here is a question from the draft of a post which should fit nicely with the second subject: "Is it correct for the Christ-follower to expect people around him to meet his moral standards of living, as prescribed by the Word of God?" Adherence? I think not. But, as this relates to the second subject, I think we should be able to expect at least some modicum of respect.

So there you have it. Stuff to look forward to! (I guess I should say, "Stuff to which to look forward!")

2 comments:

Tony M said...

Question: are you wanting comments on this post, or is this just a warning to get ready to unleash the comments when you finally do get around to posting (and I was nearly ready to ask, "Is everything OK? You haven't blogged since Wednesday!")?

That's a slightly strange sequence of ending punctuation there, no? Exclamation-point/quotation-mark/close-parenthesis/question-mark.

Ok, waiting eagerly... :)

Dean Lusk said...

"Question: are you wanting comments on this post, or is this just a warning to get ready to unleash the comments when you finally do get around to posting (and I was nearly ready to ask, "Is everything OK? You haven't blogged since Wednesday!")?"

Well, yes, sure! If I hadn't, I'd have deleted your comment. :)

Kidding, of course, but yes, comments at this stage are highly acceptable. I'll bet that most people feel one way or another if they've heard abour Kathy Griffin's remarks, in particular.

I've already gotten distracted from my blogging agenda, as evidenced by today's post. Oh, and everything is, indeed, okay. Thanks for asking! Wait... thanks for nearly being ready to ask!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost Review