Site Meter

29 January 2008

Cap Gun Story Teaser

For more than two weeks a reminder has been popping up on my phone's calendar: "Blog about cap gun story." I've been snoozing it each day because I want to make sure I get it just right, since it is a true story, and I never feel like I have time in the morning to write it and do it justice.

It's a story my dad told me a long time ago; one about his childhood. It's a tale that has stuck with me since the first time he related it. I just have to get his permission to pass it along, and since he's not a "limelight" sort of guy, I may have to bribe him or something.

As I have said numerous times, as we grow into "professional Christians," we can tend to forget the fundamental, foundational tenets of our faith: love God, love one another, help one another, don't lie, don't steal, etc. Sometimes we believe we've grown up into only the more mature elements of faith, but while we must we move from milk to solid food and mature in our walk with Christ, we cannot move off of the basic path upon which that walk takes place.

The Cap Gun Story is a good one for practical instruction on how not to deal with frustration, and is a good one for reminding us that our actions have consequences.

Stay tuned...

2 comments:

Tony M said...

Eagerly waiting... I have a cap story of my own (doesn't involve the gun), but I'm not sure there's much inspirational from it, so I'll redirect it elsewhere and leave people to wait on your more inspirational cap-gun story...

Tony M said...

So, decide not to post the cap gun story? Still waiting...

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost Review