Site Meter

21 December 2007

Recaptured a Bit of the Magic

I wrote a few days ago that some time as a kid I'd lost the childhood magic of Christmas.

We had a Christmas get-together at my parents' house tonight. My parents gave me a lock-blade knife. A few minutes later I proceeded to use it as a screwdriver and jabbed myself in the thumb pretty badly.

I felt like I was 10 again! I think I'm onto something here regarding the recapturing of that special childhood magic.

The image above, "Visions of Sugarplums" by Tom Browning, can be purchased at Art.com.

2 comments:

Leroy said...

Was the jabbing of the thumb preceeded by the phrase "hey y'all, watch this!!"? Ha, ha, ha, I crack myself up! What I really mean is I hope you are ok. :)

Anonymous said...

smooth one dean. i did something similar the other day when messing with a new gift my grandfather had just gotten. smashed my finger pretty good.

- Eric

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost Review